The Christmas break and start of a new calendar year offers the chance to reflect and make resolutions for the coming 12 months and at Berwins we’re reaffirming our commitment to offer family law a better way.
For many, tensions during the festive period can signal the end of relationships and the start of a new phase if life – an area which Berwins has been supporting people in the Harrogate area with for over 30 years.
We believe that a separation or divorce does not have to involve lengthy court battles and expensive, aggressive litigation. That’s why each member of our top ranked team is a practicing member of Resolution, an association of family law solicitors committed to following a code of practice which promotes a constructive approach. That’s why our new year resolution to you is to:
- reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation
- support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first
- act with honesty, integrity and objectivity
- help you understand and manage the potential long term financial and emotional consequences of decisions
- listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgement
- use our experience and knowledge to guide you through the available options
- use the Resolution guides to good practice in our day to day work
If the start of 2017 has been difficult and you require legal advice to assist with your personal life, as experienced family practitioners we’re committed to approaching the issue you face in a sensible way. We will guide you through what can be a difficult process and actively seek solutions rather than problems.