The Carers’ Charter is a simple commitment from Berwins to support healthcare professionals as we are able. This includes practical support, a pledge to raise awareness and support for key issues along with a support for staff who have healthcare connections.
Why Berwins believes this is important
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted a long standing and noble tradition – that of care from healthcare providers. Like the rest of the nation, at Berwins, we’ve been humbled by the stories of outstanding care which have arisen and we’ve been proud to join with our communities in saying thank you in press and through the applauses which have been a feature of lockdown.
We are committed to extending those simple acts of thanks beyond the immediate future; recognising that just as that care will not stop, nor should our recognition of it.
What we’re doing
Berwins has a long history of supporting healthcare professionals with legal services. By signing the Carers’ Charter, we will be extending that support through:
- Direct support with a 10% discount on legal services for healthcare professionals*
- A commitment to raise awareness for healthcare causes through social and other channels
- The inclusion of support for NHS and healthcare charities in the firm’s CSR policy
- Flexible working to accommodate Berwins staff who have healthcare workers within their families
- Time back in leu for staff who give their own time as NHS volunteers
Berwins has also launched the Carers’ Charter as a standalone, open source entity. This has been made available, free of charge for businesses and organisations, who can also sign the charter and make a lasting commitment to healthcare professionals.
*Healthcare professionals are defined as NHS, GP practice, private healthcare, dental practice, pharmacy and hospice staff; NHS foundation trust members and healthcare-related students.